How to properly use your Cast Iron Teapot (Type of Tetsubin):
The longevity of your Cast Iron Teapot depends on how you take care of it, please follow these basic guidelines:
Before using your Cast Iron Teapot for the first time:
- Thoroughly rinse the teapot with hot water.
- With the teapot warm, dry the teapot inside and out with a dry cloth or a paper towel.
When using your Cast Iron Teapot always remind the following:
- The cast iron teapot is exclusively to brew tea,
- NEVER put it over a stove-top. The tea pot’s enamel lining is fragile, and it could be damaged.
- Never, NEVER use in a microwave oven.
- Never, NEVER use the dishwasher to clean it. To clean the teapot, simply rinse it with water ONLY and wipe it dry after each use.
- Never, NEVER use any kind of abrasive pads or use any detergents, it will deteriorate your teapot.
- Always wipe the outside with a dry cloth while the teapot is still warm.
- Never, NEVER leave any tea or water in the teapot for long periods of time. Never, NEVER expose the teapot to oil, salt or any kind of abrasives.
- Never put the warm tea pot under cool water, it will damage the tea pot permanently.
Brewing you tea in your cast iron teapot:
1) Preheat your teapot for best results.
- Boil water.
- Remove lid and infuser basket.
- Pour about a cup of hot water into the teapot. Let hot water sit in teapot for 2 minutes with lid on. Keep infuser basket aside.
- Pour out the hot water in the teapot into the sink. Your teapot should be very hot to the touch.
- Put the infuser basket into the teapot.
2) Prepare your tea following the steeping instructions.
Enjoy your new Cast Iron Teapot and savor your favorite Tea !